Welcome to our class page where you can find out about all the fun and exciting things we have been doing. We enjoy learning lots of new things in Class 2. We always ask lots of questions and are very enthusiastic about our learning. We are also a very helpful class and we always try and help out our friends which make Class 2 a wonderful place to learn.
The staff working with your child this year will be Miss Booth and Miss Loach.
|PE: Please can you make sure that your child brings in their PE kit on a Monday and that it is left in school for the week. Children’s PE includes black shorts, a white T-shirt and either trainers or plimsols.
Reading at home: Please can you make sure that you read with your child at home for a short time every day and make sure this is recorded in their reading diaries.
|Please read every day with your child and write this in their diary. Your child will bring a book home in their folder from their tag. We enjoy regular visits to the library and would love you to join us so that you can choose extra books for your child to enjoy. We have reading prizes for the 3 children who have read the most during each half term.
• Maths – Your child will need to practise their times tables. There will be a weekly test.
• Spellings – Each week your child will receive a list of spellings to learn at home. Please practise them regularly with your child. They will be tested every week please check your child’s spelling book to see how they have done.
• Creative homework – this will be sent home at the start of every half term. Please select one activity to complete each week.
If you require any help or advice please come and see me at the beginning or end of the school day.
- ICT Games – a wide range of literacy and numeracy games to reinforce concepts covered in KS1
- BBC Schools, Digger and the Gang – literacy and numeracy activities useful for KS1
- Crickweb – good website for general KS1 topics
- BBC Bitesize, KS1 – general help for KS1 topics
- ActiveLearn – good for practising maths
- Top Marks – good website to aid children’s English skills
Links to Books we Will be Focusing on in Class.
- Man on the moon book link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt5zQ1UO6rE
- Zog book link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZqFqI0MAfU
- Toby and the Great fire of London Book link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9km-y61X0k
- The dragon Machine book link: https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/storybooks-and-games/the-dragon-machine/
- Autumn 1 Man on the Moon Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 Man on the Moon Creative Homework
- Autumn 2 Great Fire of London Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 2 Great Fire of London Creative Homework
- Spring 1 Africa Knowledge Organisers
- Spring 1 Africa Creative Homework
- Spring 2 Little Evie in the Wild Wood Knowledge Organisers
- Spring 2 Little Evie in the Wild Wood Creative Knowledge Organisers
- Summer 1 Paddington Knowledge Organisers
- Summer 1 Paddington Creative Homework
- Summer 2 Robin Hood Knowledge Organisers
- Summer 2 Robin Hood Creative Homework
Homework Help – Reading